Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our First Movie Night

We held our first official unit "Movie Night" on Friday, February 22 at Will Green's house. In attendance were Will, David Jameson, Scott Rowe and myself. We started the night out by watching two WWII-era training films. The first film centered on being inducted into the U.S. Army. The second film covered the ins and outs of military courtesy - basically when to salute and when NOT to salute. Needless to say, I love the old wartime films, the subtle nuance of phrase, the authoritative narration and the really cheesy actors. Then we threw in "The Story of G.I. Joe" starrring Robert Mitchum and Burgess Meredith. This has become one of my favorite World War II action dramas over the years. Released in 1945, it features 150 actual veterans of the war and I think it shows in their movements, language, and mannerisms. After the movie we headed down to Will's basement to bask in the glory of his awesome Civil War and World War II collection. We did a little rifle drilling as well - I know, we're total nerds!!! It was a fun night and hopefully the first of many more unit Movie Nights to come.

No comments: